Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Training for a 5k

So, I typically have a really hard time keeping up with my diet and exercise. I always start out fantastic and do really good for a week or so......and....then it's back to nachos....mmmm.....I want this time to be different. I have 8 months till my wedding...and wellll...I want to be thin and beautiful for my wedding and for my Hawaiian Honeymoon. So, I am signing up for a 5k. I have wanted to do a 5k for a while now, but just haven't really tried to make it happen. This time it is going to happen. The 5k is on December 11th, which is 7 weeks away. I can do this! 

So yesterday was my first day of training for it. I am doing this program called "Couch to 5k" (take a look www.c25k.com). It is supposed to get you ready for a 5k in 9 weeks....yah I know, I said mine is 7 weeks away....I guess I am ambitious. As much as I would love to be able to run the whole 5k, I am not sure I will be quite ready for that, but my goal is to be able to run at least 75% of it, which I think can totally be done. So day one of the C25K program gives 20 minutes of run/walk intervals....and I DID IT! I completed every single run! I was pretty proud. Normally I would give up and just say it's too hard...but I did it.  And here's proof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment