Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome!

I have decided to create a blog to record my journey to a healthier lifestyle.

A little about my journey to health thus far:
Around June 2009, I began working on losing weight. Here's why. Like many others I had gotten to my heaviest weight and really couldn't believe it. 225 POUNDS! Worst I had ever been, and I am only 5'4. Oh yah, and my body fat % was somewhere around 49%!!! Wow, really, practically half of my body was made of FAT! That means I had about 112 pounds of FAT! YUCK! So I started to get rid of the fast food and all the other CRAP I was eating! Fast forward 16 months later and I am at 189lbs! WOW! But trust me, it has not been an easy road, and it definitely wasn't smooth along the way! I have fallen off the wagon more times than I can count...most important thing is that I keep getting back on. Are you? However, this still means that I have about 60-70 pounds of fat. My weight loss goal is to end at around 140lbs. Nice healthy range for my height. It can be done, and DON'T TELL YOURSELF IT CAN'T! EVEN IF YOU WEIGH WAY MORE THAN I DID IN THE BEGINNING YOU CAN STILL GET DOWN TO A HEALTHY THIN RANGE! STOP TELLING YOURSELF YOU CAN NEVER BE THIN! YOU CAN!


Here is my hope for this blog:
~ I will inspire others to work towards a healthier lifestyle.
~ I will be able to show other that it can be done and that it can happen to someone you know!
~ I will show people that eating healthy doesn't mean you must eat NASTY BORING food. Healthy food can taste great! And often times will taste even better than what you are used to! I would love to share recipes along the way. 
~ I want to be able to record my journey and see how my thought processes and beliefs and feelings change along the way.
~ Hopefully I will get people to stop being afraid of doing the work!

So, why haven't you lost weight and started a healthy lifestyle? Lemme guess? You will do it next week. Start Monday right? Gotta start out a fresh week.....Here's the thing. WE ALL MAKE EXCUSES FOR NOT DOING IT! 
Here are some excuses that I have made along the way and some excuses that other people make as well. How many are you guilty of?
1) I am just too busy.  I don't have the time to cook meals or work out. 
2) Eating healthy is just too expensive. 
3) I don't want to take time away from my loved ones (Fiance, Husband, Wife, Children, etc)
4) I just don't think I can do it like they do on the biggest loser...
5) I just love food way too much! 
6) Healthy food is disgusting
7) Exercising is too hard, I am too out of shape to exercise, I can't exercise......
8) I won't be comfortable being thin. I am afraid I will be a different person when I am thin. OR THE BEST......I am happy being FAT! 
9) So and so in my life told me I will always be fat, its my genetics, etc, so I might as well get used to it. 
10) I've tried everything.......I have done it over and over, Nothing works
11) I am meant to be fat
12) I'll do it after  _____________ fill in the blank....
13) The gym is too expensive...
14) I need a trainer to do it....
AND ON AND ON AND ON......

I know you have made several of these excuses if not all of them. I know I have. And that is all they are. EXCUSES!!!  You can give me any excuse you have for not doing it, and I will shoot it down! .....here's one...."The gym is too expensive".......How much does it cost you to go for a walk in your neighborhood? NOTHING! Some crunches and pushups on your floor? Hmm....ZERO DOLLARS! Here's the bottom line....You can keep telling yourself these excuses over and over, and eventually you start to believe it. But when it all comes down to it, you are really just lying to yourself. None of these excuses are legitimate excuses for not doing what it takes. You are just fooling yourself and in the end, you are the only one that is going to suffer from it. So I challenge you to STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the list of excuses; I think you have almost all of mine on it. Thanks for putting them in writting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have two words to say. GREEN MAGMA!!! If you remember we both got phat after we quit eating Green Magma. It gives you energy and curbs your appetite. We were always busy doing something. The only time we were sitting on our Butt was to ride somewhere or riding an amusement ride. I was up to 195 but I did a crash diet. LOL and I'm down to 140. Tooooo skinny.You can try this other stuff I found online. Go to NATURALARTSBOTANICALS.com and check out the Organic Green Blend Superfood. Luv, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that's why I am busy moving my butt again. I completed 7 miles in just two days! Phew. And eating healthy of course. Doing organic where I can but that adds up. I will look into those supplements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 36lbs!!!

    Great blog =)

    http://shrinkindeb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete